44 total views, 2 views today
India and World – Indonesia
Largest country in Asean.
Large Muslim population-Coop in counter terrorism
LAPAN and ISRO Cooperation:satellite Launching technology
Democracy initiative:Bali Democracy Forum
Potential : Tourism
Eco:CECA is being negotiated;awareness is low about investment potential;$14.8b in 2010
Indonesia has Oil & gas
Pak is getting closer to Indonesia
Aceh seperatist movement
- India-ASEAN FTA is already in place
- In October 2010, India and Indonesia implemented a free trade pact that slashed the import duties on thousands of products, such as seafood, chemicals and apparel.
- In 2011, January the two countries agreed to begin negotiations for concluding a Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) and set a bilateral trade target of $25 billion by 2025 against %11 billion in 2009-10.
- Both countries have agreed to have a Biennial Trade Ministers Forum, including the establishment of a Trade and Investment Forum between the trade ministers to exploit the potential of trade and investment opportunities in both countries.
- They have also signed MoUs to cooperate in the food security sector.