32 total views, 2 views today
- Bomb blasts in Mumbai on 13th July
- The recent incidents of mv Wisdom and mv Pavit landing up at the Juhu beach give an impression that the coast-guard is not fully equipped
- The CAG in its report said that coast guard was “ill-equipped” to discharge its enhanced role
- Bomb blast in Delhi in Sept 2011.
- National Investigations Agency (NIA)
- National Counter-Terrorism Centre (NCTC)
- National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID)
The problems in dealing with terrorism
- Grassroots police capabilities and competence leave much to be desired
- Intelligence sharing and action on intelligence information seems poor
- Bihar has a pathetic 74.29 police for every 100,000 residents, about a quarter of what it needs.
- <check police reforms in pub ad>